In May 2020, SandCastles has a month-long fundraising mission where staff, volunteers, participants, and community supporters can come together to achieve a fundraising goal of $25,000. SandCastles does not charge families for our services and must rely on donations, fundraisers, and grants to run programs.
How can you help?
You can help Build the Castle by:
- Donating to SandCastles Grief Support program or collecting donations from friends and family.
- Attending a fundraiser in your community for SandCastles.
- Hosting a fundraiser in your community: any size, any style, ANY fundraiser!
- Restaurant nights
- Home & online catalog sales
- Dinner parties
- Bake sales
- “Jeans Friday” at the office
- And so many more – if you can imagine it, it can be a fundraiser!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are SandCastles funds directed?
100% of funds raised are directed to our mission of helping grieving families including our program sites, summer camp, and special events (grief retreat days, drumming nights, and more).
What do I do with cash or check donations?
- We will accept cash, check, and credit card donations for the month of May towards our fundraising goal. If you have a fundraiser, feel free to give your earnings in cash, online via credit/debit card, or make out a check with the grand total!
- Checks can be made out to “SandCastles” and given to a staff member or mailed to our office:
2850 W Grand Blvd. Detroit, MI 48202
If I host a fundraising event, how should funds raised be submitted to SandCastles?
If possible, personally collect ALL funds (cash and checks made out to you) and at the conclusion of your event, make one check out to “SandCastles” or make one large donation with all the earnings.
Are there volunteer opportunities available with SandCastles?
Yes – our support groups at our seven different site locations are always looking for facilitators and our summer camp is a great way to get involved if you are unable to make a year-long commitment to volunteering with us. Please visit our “Get Involved” page for more information, or give us a call at (313) 771-7005.
How will we know if we meet our $25,000 goal?
Follow us on Facebook (by clicking here) for Build the Castle updates and announcements. Not on Facebook? Join our email list!